Are You Storing Your Cooking Oil in the Right way??
- 7 Months ago
Fats are an important part of our diet and an essential requirement for our body to carry out it's functions. It forms an important part of our cooking and is an ingredient in almost every dish that is cooked in the kitchen.
Most oils are known to have a long shelf life if they are stored under the right conditions. Here are a few important points to keep in mind when you store oil for a long time.
• Make sure the container in which oil is stored is tightly sealed, and stored in a cool and dry place.
• Oil should not be kept near your gas stove or any heat appliances.
• You can store them in a glass or Tupperware container that is air tight. Preferably avoid storing them in plastic for long periods of time.
• Make sure you check the expiry date of oil before purchasing it.
• Oil which has undergone rancidity should be discarded. They often have an unpleasant smell and a bitter taste.