- Eat Right
- 4 Months ago
Cottage Cheese, Spinach & Corn Parathas
Cottage cheese, spinach & corn parathas are filling, and will keep your growing kid content until the next meal. It will most certainly solve all your problems about your kid being a picky eater, as the parathas contain spinach as well and your child will eat the nutritious spinach mixed into the dough!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 5 mini parathas
Whole Wheat Flour- ½ cup
Coarsely Crushed Sweet Corn- ¼ cup
Finely-Chopped Spinach- ¼ cup
Finely-Chopped Green Chilies- ¼ tsp
Grated Cottage Cheese (Paneer)- 10 tsp
Oil- ¼ tsp for kneading
Salt- To taste
Oil- 1 tbsp for cooking
- Mix the wheat flour, corn, spinach, green chilies, and salt together in a bowl, add enough water and knead to make soft, smooth dough. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough again with ¼ tsp of oil and keep the dough wrapped under a wet muslin cloth.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll into 4” thin rotis using a little flour.
- Place the rotis on a flat surface, sprinkle 2 teaspoons of cottage cheese on it and spread evenly.
- Cover this with another roti and press lightly.
- Heat a nonstick pan and cook each paratha using a little oil until they turn golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve immediately with curd or mint chutney.