Diabetes diet & food tips
- 11 Months ago
A diabetic diet plan for an individual is based on the height, weight, age, sex, physical activity and the nature of diabetes.
Foods Allowed - Let a large part of your diet comprise of these foods!!!
• Complex cereals like whole wheat, bajra, jowar, ragi, wheat bran, brown rice, rice bran, barley.
• Dals and pulses like moong dal, tur dal, rajma.
• Vegetables like cabbage, brinjal, cluster beans, spinach, methi, etc.
• Low fat dairy products like milk, curd, paneer and buttermilk.
• Fruits like papaya, musambi, guava, etc.
Restricted foods - Indulge in these foods in moderation!!!
• Fruits like chickoo, custard apple, grapes and mango.
• Vegetables such as potatoes, yam, purple yam and sweet potato.
• Biscuits such as Digestive and Marie.
• Restrict the intake of fat to 2-4 teaspoons per day.