How Healthy Is Soybean Oil?
- 7 Months ago
We have heard of many oils that have several health benefits. Soybean oil is one amongst many oils that is popular and healthy, provided it is not hydrogenated. Soybean oil falls under the category of unsaturated fat, and hence it is heart-healthy. Since it has high smoking point it is used in frying.
Some health benefits of soybean oil:
1. Soy oil contains good amount of omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids. They have anti-inflammatory properties and may reduce the risk of heart disease and arthritis.
2. It is low in saturated fat, contains no trans fat, and is high in poly- and monounsaturated fats.
3. It might help lower the LDL cholesterol levels in people with higher lipids.
4. It helps to regulate the blood pressure, and smooth muscle function.
5. It contains phytosterols, an anti oxidant that helps protect cells against damage caused by free radicals.