- Eat Right
- 4 Months ago
Soya Paneer Bhurji
A good alternative to egg bhurji, especially for vegetarians, this protein-rich dish is made from cottage cheese (paneer) and soya. Cottage cheese and soya are loved by all and the best part is that you can make use of leftovers as sandwich filling for breakfast the next day. Check out this quick 10-minute recipe below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
Cottage Cheese (Paneer)- 100g, scrambled
Soya Granules- 30g, soaked
Onions-½ cup, chopped
Tomatoes- ½ cup, chopped
Cumin Seeds (Jeera)- ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
Chilli Powder- ½ tsp
Pav Bhaji Masala- 1 tsp
Green Chillies- ½ tsp, chopped finely
Corriander Leaves- 1 tbsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
Salt- To taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add onions and sauté on high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of water, mix well, and cook on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder, chilli powder, green chillies, and 1 tablespoon of water, mix well, and cook on medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the paneer, soya granules, salt, and coriander .
- Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with bread toast, or as chapati filling in the form of a roll.
Nutritional Value (per serving)
Energy- 264 kcal
Protein- 16.9 g
Carbohydrate- 7.9 g
Fat- 18 g