- Eat Right
- 9 Months ago
Watermelon Curry Recipe
A specialty of the Indian state of Rajasthan, this delicious curry plays the sweet, juicy flesh of the watermelon against a complex background of chiles and spices.
Serves - 2
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- Puree 1 cup of the watermelon cubes, chile powder, turmeric coriander, garlic and cumin in a blender until smooth.
- Pour puree into a large skillet or wok and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, so that the contents have reduced by about half.
- Stir in coconut milk and lime juice and continue simmering for another minute.
- Add the remaining watermelon cubes and simmer until hot through, about 3 more minutes.
- Serve over rice.