- Get Fit
- 10 Months ago
Be Physically Active
Physical inactivity is an important contributor to obesity. There are 1440 minutes in every day...schedule 30 of them for physical activity. Modern technology has replaced physical activity at home, at work and in transportation. Think about your daily schedule and look for opportunities to be more active. Every little bit helps. Consider the following suggestions:
- Walk, cycle, jog, etc., to work, school, the store, or place of worship.
- Park the car farther away from your destination.
- Get on or off the bus several stops away.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
- Play with children or pets.
- Take fitness breaks - walking or doing desk exercises - instead of taking cigarette or coffee breaks.
- Exercise while watching TV (for example, use hand weights, stationary bicycle/ treadmill/ stair climber, or stretch).
Do include these small changes in your day to day routine and revel in the healthy transformation your body goes through.