- Get Fit
- 9 Months ago
Diabetes Complications - What Are They?
Have you got your blood sugar checked lately? Those of you with high blood sugar levels are also at a higher risk for other health problems which arise out of uncontrolled blood sugar.
Nearly every organ in the body can get affected due to neglected high sugar levels in your blood. Diabetes complications include -
- Heart disease (diabetics have a greater risk of silent heart attacks)
- Kidney disease (damage to kidneys, bladder control difficulty, etc.)
- Eye damage (sometimes leading to blindness)
- Neuropathy (peripheral nerve damage)
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- Delayed wound healing
- Gum problems
Don't neglect your blood sugar. Keep it in the normal range. If you have a family history of diabetes, check your blood sugar regularly. If you are a diabetic, stay in touch with your endocrinologist and dietitian. Many of the complications associated with diabetes can be prevented or delayed by following a healthy lifestyle.