Are you too young to get a silver string???
- 8 Months ago
All of us have to fight with graying of hair at some or the other point of our life. While a few of us get the first silver string at the age of 50 and a few others in early 20s. A few flaunt their salt and pepper look but a few others freak out. Find out the truth behind premature graying.
• Premature graying occurs when the color producing cells stop producing pigments.
• In a few cases, naturally occurring hydrogen peroxide can bleach the hair turning it gray!
• Studies are yet to confirm the correlation between stress and premature graying.
• Graying is largely determined by genetics.
• A few autoimmune disorders cause colored hair to fall out, turning hair white!
• A vitamin B-12 deficiency or hypothyroidism or even malfunctioning of the pituitary gland can also lead to premature graying. However, premature graying can be reversible if the above deficiencies are corrected.