- 5 Months ago
Baked Apples with Cherries!
This light dessert is beautiful and goes well after a heavy meal. Try it out!
• Dried cherries, coarsely chopped: 1/3 cup
• Chopped almond: 3 tablespoons
• Wheat germ: 1 tablespoon
• Ground cinnamon: ½ teaspoon
• Ground nutmeg: a pinch
• Golden apples: 6
• Apple juice : ½ cup
• Water: ½ cup
• Dark honey: 2 tablespoons
• Canola oil: 2 teaspoon
• Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
• In a small bowl, toss together almonds, cherries, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, wheat germ and brown sugar until they are evenly distributed.
• Leave the apples unpeeled. Remove the core of each apple working from the stem and stop at 3/4th inch from the bottom.
• Divide the cherry mixture equally and press it gently into each cavity of the apple.
• Arrange the apples upright in a baking dish, large enough to hold them.
• Pour water and apple juice into the pan.
• Drizzle honey and oil evenly over the apples.
• Cover the pan snuggly with an aluminium foil.
• Bake them for 50-60minutes or until tender.
• Transfer apples to individual serving plates and drizzle with the pan juices.
• Serve warm or at room temperature.