- 5 Months ago
Corn Peas Pulao
The crunchy sweet corn and the spicy flavorful rice make this dish a delicious one-pot meal.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 2 to 3 servings
Basmati Rice- 1 cup
Finely-Sliced Onion (Lengthwise)- 1 big
Ginger-Garlic Paste- ¾ tsp
Corn Kernels- ¼ cup
Green Peas- ¼ cup
Ghee- ½ tbsp
Oil- ½ tbsp
Water- 1½ cups
Salt- To taste
For the Tadka
Cinnamon- ½" piece
Masala to Grind
Coriander Leaves- ½ cup
Garlic- 4 cloves
Ginger- ¼" piece
Cashew nuts- 6
Tomato- 1 big
Green Chilies- 2
Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder- ½ tsp
• Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes.
• Grind all the ingredients for the masala using a little water to make a fine paste. Keep it aside.
• Place a pressure cooker on medium heat; add oil and ghee, and all the ingredients required for the tadka. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
• Add the sliced onion and sauté till they turn light brown. Add the masala and cook until the strong smell disappears.
• Add the corn and peas, and sauté to mix the vegetables with the masala. Drain water from the soaked rice and add rice to the masala. Sauté for a few minutes.
• Season it with salt and pressure cook (3 whistles) on a medium flame.
• Fluff the rice with a fork after it cools down a bit. Take care while doing this as the rice can break.
• Serve immediately along with the curd or raita.
• You can skip the peas if you want or you can replace it with other vegetables.
• Keep the water ratio as 1:1.5 cups while cooking presoaked rice to achieve dry texture.