- 4 Months ago
Health complications women should watch out for
Women often tend to neglect their own health while prioritizing on the family’s health requirements and demands. Here is a checklist women must use on a regular basis. It will help them monitor possible health risks they may otherwise encounter.
- Women often tend to neglect their own health while prioritizing on the family’s health requirements and demands.
- Early detection of symptoms like swelling, tenderness, or lumps in the breast region can prevent, or treat breast cancers through chemo or radiation therapies, surgeries, diet, and medications.
- Fatigue, rapid weight gain, joint pain/muscle aches/headaches, mood swings, depression, and hair loss may manifest from an underactive thyroid gland that may need hormonal therapy, iron, and calcium supplements.
- Adolescent girls and middle aged women commonly experience acne, weight gain/obesity, irregular periods, excess hair growth, and mood swings that may sometimes need medical intervention, hormonal therapy, or a weight loss regime from a nutritionist.
- With advancing age, lack of exercise, or calcium and vitamin D deficiencies, bone porosity and fragility increases. This can be prevented or treated through early intervention involving supplements, maintaining healthy weight, and practicing suitable exercises.
- Infections, drugs, cosmetics, pollutants, skin type, and lifestyle habits are contributing factors to acne among women of all age groups. It can be cured with dermatological aid.
- Burning sensation, fever, chills, and cramps can result from UTI (Urinary Tract Infection), commonly observed in sexually active women or sometimes because of holding back urine frequently for long hours. This requires a urologist’s advise and intervention.
- Fatigue, chest pain, shortness of breath, radiating pain from the arm and excessive sweating are symptoms indicative of heart diseases that require instant attention in terms of maintaining blood pressure, healthy weight, and lifestyle.
- Infection and inflammation of female reproductive organs causing pain/tenderness of the pelvis, fever, chills, and pain in the lower back/abdomen, and menstrual issues like spotting and painful periods when left untreated can cause permanent damage to the fallopian tubes.
Annual health checks are extremely essential. Medications and dos and don’ts must be followed as per recommendations suggested by a medical practitioner/nutritionist.