- 8 Months ago
Live Better, Live Longer-Have Sex!
Strengthening the bond with your partner is very important as you age. If you were too engrossed in bringing up your family or achieving your career goals and fell back to give importance to your personal life, it's time to rejuvenate it! Having sex is the best way to rejuvenate as it produces endorphins, the feel good hormones. Endorphins not only give pleasure but also improve the overall health thereby improving the longevity. Every couple wants to continue an active, satisfying sex life, but aging process may cause some changes.
There are a lot of contributing factors that cause problem to your sex life as you age. Here are a few causes and tips to overcome them:
• Arthritis or joint pains can cause problems during sexual acts. Exercise, rest, warm baths, and changing the position or timing of sexual activity can be helpful along with necessary surgeries/drugs.
• Diabetes can cause impotence in a few men. But there are treatments to help you out!
• A few men do have erection problems after a heart attack or due to high blood pressure. Do not panic. You can resume having sex, 3-6 weeks after an attack, if your Doctor agrees.
• Incontinence in women can make them avoid sex. Meet your Doctor to get it cured!
• Using different positions or medical devices during sex can help someone with weakness or paralysis caused due to stroke.
• A few drugs like antihistamines, antidepressants, tranquilizers, appetite suppressants, diabetes drugs, drugs for high BP and some ulcer drugs can cause ejaculation problems in men and lower the sexual desire in women. Consult your Doctor and get a different drug without this side effect.
• Limit your alcohol intake as it can cause erection problem in men and delay orgasm in women!
Confirm with your Doctor if you have passed your menopause as unprotected sex during irregular menses can make you pregnant. Also remember to use protection during sex as age does not protect you from Sexually Transmitted Diseases!
Emotional and physical issues can often disturb the sexuality especially with age. Give your partner the highest priority. It is time to understand the changes you both are facing. Accept it for a better tomorrow...