- 5 Months ago
Low Calorie Asparagus Soup
Asparagus soup is rich in vitamin E; mono unsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants that will help you lower your cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of heart disease.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 3 servings
Chopped asparagus - 1 cup
Chopped onions - ½ cup
Peeled chopped potatoes - ½ cup
Vegetable stock - 1 ½ cup
Skimmed milk - ½ cup
Refined olive oil - 2 tsp
Black pepper powder to taste
salt to taste
• Heat a non stick pan; add 2 tsp of oil and chopped onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
• Add the chopped potatoes and vegetable stock and bring to boil.
• Cover and cook over a low flame until the potatoes are fully cooked.
• Now add the chopped asparagus and cook for a few more minutes.
• Cool the mixture.
• Blenderize the mixture in a mixer.
• Pour the pureed mixture back into the pan.
• Add the milk, black pepper powder, salt and cook for 5 minutes.
• Add a little more water if the soup gets thick.
• Garnish with fresh pepper powder and parsley.
To make vegetable stock:
• Add ¼ cup of chopped onions, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower and 6 cups of water in a pan. Add 2tbsp of chopped celery and cook for 20 minutes. Now strain it using a strainer.