- 5 Months ago
Natural ways to deal with neck pain!
Vast majority of neck pain is due to muscle tension. Tension on the job or at home, the tasks that require you to lean over a work surface, poor posture or even a very soft mattress can cause neck pain.
Here are a few ways to ease the pain:
• Rest: One of the simplest ways to alleviate the pain is to lie down and give your muscles a chance to recover. Don't use a pillow that tucks your neck.
• Use heat or ice packs: Ice numbs the pain and decreases inflammation. Heat on the other hand, increases circulation and can be effective for easing stiff muscles.
• De-stress: Emotional stress can trigger muscle tension. Identify what's stressing you out and learn to keep stress at bay. Use relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, yoga and exercise. Even engaging in a hobby can be a good way to beat stress.
• Get a remedial massage: A remedial massage helps in relaxing the muscles and improves joint mobility.
• Get fit: If you're overweight, it's time to shed the extra pounds. Being overweight strains all of the body's muscles, including those of the neck.
• Practice good posture: Maintain good posture, always.
• Sleep on a firm mattress: Use a firm mattress as it keeps your head aligned with your spine. Avoid using pillows that are too thick and firm.
• Take breaks: Change your body position often, especially if you have to be in a stressful position for a long time. Get up and walk around at least once an hour.