Nutmeg: Health benefits
- 6 Months ago
Nutmeg is one of the most popular spices used worldwide. It is one of the highly priced spices known. From ancient times, nutmeg has been a natural remedy for various ailments. Some of the health benefits are listed below.
• Nutmeg oil helps to improve concentration and increases circulation by stimulating the brain and hence reduces stress.
• It stimulates blood circulation, and thereby has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system.
• Nutmeg helps to detoxify liver and kidney.
• It helps to relieve rheumatic pain, neuralgia and sciatica.
• Nutmeg oil is effective in treating menstrual cramps, joint pain and muscular pain as it is an excellent sedative.
• It is also effective in relieving cold and is often used in cough syrups.
• Diarrhea caused by indigestion can be eased by a mixture of nutmeg and apple juice or banana.
• Nutmeg has the properties to induce sleep. A mixture of nutmeg paste with honey can help reduce disturbed night sleep in babies.
• As nutmeg has antiseptic properties, it is effective in reducing tooth aches and aching gums.
• Nutmeg is one of the best choices to achieve smoother and healthier skin.