- 8 Months ago
Outing The Acids
Uric acid in our blood helps prevent damage to blood vessel linings-but too high a count is a problem.
Eight commandments to follow in order to avoid high uric acid in the blood.
- Eat red meat only in small quantities. Most high protein foods have high purine levels.
- Restrict drinks (especially beer and wine) to two a day.
- Eat less of sea foods like sardines and mackerel.
- Restrict pulses to one bowl a day, and chana and rajma to once a week; moong, sprouts, lentils and soyabean to twice a week.
- Drink four to five litres of water a day, one litre fi rst thing in the morning.
- Restrict vegetables like peas, beans, spinach and mushrooms to once a week.
- Exercise for 30-45 minutes every day, every morning, to equip your body and bones to get into the right gear for the day, so that accumulation of crystals is low.
- Lose weight gradually if you are more than fi ve kilos overweight.
Reproduced from Outlook Business's Wellness Column by Rachna Chhachhi.