- 8 Months ago
Returning to Work while Nursing your Baby?
Are you one of those new mothers who are juggling between work and the baby? Finding it difficult to manage breastfeeding while concentrating on work at the same time? Here are a few things you ought to keep in mind to make things a little more smoother...
• Plan your work timings: If possible, get a part time job. If that is not an option for you, plan your working hours. At the same time, it is absolutely necessary to plan feed timings, so that your baby gets used to it and breastfeeding becomes hassle free.
• Go for the pump: Use a pump and store your breast milk so that it can be used when you are away at work. The care giver can then feed it to the baby at regular timings.
• Day Care: Try to find a day care centre close to your work place, so that you can visit the baby regularly throughout the day.
• On-Site Day care: Find out if there is a day care centre in your office premise. That would be the best option if you are not very tied up with work, and can frequently visit your baby there.
• Reverse cycling: If none of the above options work for you, try reverse cycling after consulting a Paediatrician. This method refers to changing the breastfeeding cycle to be planned throughout the night instead of the day time. Of course, your sleeping hours may go haywire, and the baby's clock will be upside down. But the baby will get adjusted to these timings and follow it without any disturbances in the number of feeds she gets in 24 hour's time. Remember that it has to be started only if the paediatrician waves a green flag!
Time management, planning and executing things accordingly will help you to be the super mum you always wished to be!