Safe Diwali; Happy Diwali!!!
- 7 Months ago
Diwali is undoubtedly a fun time for all the members of the family. Kids wait to burst crackers and we adults wait to enjoy the Diwali feasts. As diyas and crackers come with a small amount of risk, the below check list on a few safety tips will help you celebrate Diwali in a happier and safer way.....
• Add colors to your wardrobe and let this Diwali be colorful. But ensure you only fill up your wardrobe with colored cotton clothes for the festival.
• Stock a bucket or two of water as playing with crackers means playing with fire. Be prepared to stop a fire mishap quickly by storing water or sand.
• Educate children about the potential hazards of firecrackers if used without parental supervision. Awareness may not always serve the purpose. So escort them while playing with crackers.
• Ensure proper disposal of used and burnt firecrackers. Put sand or water on them right away after use for safe disposal.
• Keep ready a first aid kit with antiseptic creams, as playing with fire can lead to small accidents.
• How about celebrating an eco-friendly Diwali by refraining from crackers? This way, you are avoiding noise pollution, air pollution and are also discouraging child labor.
• If the kids at home are adamant about bursting their favorite crackers, then choose a high quality firecracker company, as they use good material. In this way, you are reducing the risk of a fire outbreak to a great extent.
• Prefer playing with crackers in an open space than closed spaces.
• Keep your pets out of firecrackers. Tie them up inside the house to avoid inhalation of smoke due to crackers.