- 5 Months ago
What is Prostatitis?
Prostatitis can affect men of all ages, but is more common in those who are 50 years of age or younger. This is an inflammation of the prostate gland which often causes painful and difficult urination. This can be caused by a number of different things and the symptoms vary from person to person.
Acute bacterial Prostatitis is caused by common strains of bacteria which may start when the bacteria is carried in the urine and leaks into one's prostate. Antibiotics are usually used to treat it. In case the bacteria aren't eliminated with antibiotics, Prostatitis may recur or be difficult to treat. This is called chronic bacterial Prostatitis.
The other causes of Prostatitis may include:
• Immune system disorder
• Nervous system disorder
• An injury to the prostate or prostate area
The symptoms of Prostatitis include:
• Pain or burning sensations when urinating
• Problems urinating
• Painful orgasms
• Discomfort and pain in the pelvis, genitals, lower back and buttocks
Here are a few tips to consider:
• Avoid or limit intake of alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods
• Avoid sitting for a long period of time or try sitting on a pillow to ease pressure on the prostate
• Avoid bicycling or consider wearing padded shorts to relieve pressure on the prostate
These symptoms may come and go over a period of months but can sometimes come on suddenly and be a medical emergency. If you experience the above, contact your doctor at the earliest!