Your To- Do Health List For Happy Pregnancy!
- 8 Months ago
Having a baby is an exciting and life changing experience. If you are planning a baby, you should arrange an appointment with the doctor to discuss your health at least three months before you plan to conceive. Your check-up is also an opportunity to talk about any health concerns or worries you may have. It's never too early to start planning for a healthy pregnancy.
Let's now look into the below major health checklists before you plan to conceive:
1. Visit your physician - It is good to do a complete health check up, including a Pap smear and breast check. Your doctor is also likely to ask if your vaccinations are up-to-date.
2. Medications - Tell your doctor if you are taking any medications as they might affect fertility and that may not be recommended during pregnancy.
3. Existing medical conditions- It is important to discuss pre-existing medical illnesses such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or thyroid problems.
4. Family health history - Check with your Gynecologist for birth defects, disabilities or illnesses in your family or your partner's family that you think could be passed on to the fetus. If you have concerns, they can put you in touch with a genetic counselor.
5. Screening tests - You can ask your doctor for screening tests for Hepatitis B, syphilis, and, HIV/AIDS.
6. Check with your gynecologist for contraception you are using and whether you've had any ovulation or menstruation problems, terminations, miscarriages, ectopic pregnancies, delivery complications etc.